Monday, November 14, 2016

Federal Taxation - The Real Issue of Marijuana Reform

Elementary capitalism understands that money runs the system, so when talking to a marijuana skeptic, focus the message on the economic benefits of federal marijuana legalization. Show people the numbers, then get into the cliche common-sense stuff - you know, the marijuana facts that scream legalization that almost every frequent or former frequent user knows.

So if you encounter some skeptics at dinner for the upcoming holidays, remember, money first! Show the skeptic the profit potential of federal marijuana taxation, and then get into the social comparisons with alcohol and tobacco, or whatever your go to point is. You can try to dispel the myth of the gateway drug, or try to explain the history of federal criminalization, but nothing better will crack a capitalist marijuana skeptic than fat stacks of cash!

I'm still working on putting all the numbers together. Once I get the data collected I will post for discussion.  I am taking my time because I want the numbers to be an accurate reflection of federal taxation potential.  My preliminary calculations suggest that federal marijuana legalization would generate over $8 billion in taxable revenue per month.  More to follow.

No comments:

Post a Comment